Infant Room Lead Teacher Job Description
Primary Role: To further the mission of Garrett Williamson by establishing and maintaining a developmentally appropriate early childhood classroom and fostering a supportive and positive learning environment for children.
Immediate Supervisor: Child Care Director
Essential Job Functions:
- Works closely with co-workers to build a cohesive team
- Has patience and is able to multi-task in a fast- paced, sometimes stressful environment
- Organized and able to follow and maintain individual schedules of infants
- Develops individualized lesson plans based on the Pennsylvania Early Learning Standards based on students interests and developmental needs
- Documents observations regarding children’s development and completes associated assessments and checklists throughout the year
- Maintains on-going, clear and positive written and verbal communication with staff, students, parents, guardians and all other contacts associated with Garrett’s Way
- Ensures students are properly supervised and engaged at all times while maintaining state regulated ratios
- Plays and interacts with children throughout the day
- Administers basic first aid
- Changes diapers and tends to basic physical needs and all aspects of care required by children in the infant room.
- Creates a nurturing and safe environment for all children including meeting their social, emotional and physical needs.
- Displays professionalism and maintains confidentiality when interacting with staff and families
- Maintains classroom cleanliness according to health and safety regulations
- Follows all health and safety recommendations from the CDC and DHS during the COVID-19 crisis.
Required Skills, Experience and Professional Development:
- All education and experience requirements as outlined by the Department of Human Services and Keystone Stars Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to respond well to unusual or crisis situations
Other Job Duties:
- Attends monthly staff meetings and three yearly staff in-services
- All other duties as assigned
Physical Requirements: In order to carry out the essential job functions, this position requires the ability to lift up to 40lbs, engage with children at their eye level, in indoor and outdoor settings, listen to and observe others’ actions and take corrective actions when necessary. This position also requires the physical ability to move about the property in various environmental conditions.