Performing Arts Coordinator
Primary Role: To further the mission of Camp Garrett through the development and delivery of performing arts curriculum and activities that are fun and appropriate to the campers’ ages and abilities. The successful Performing Arts Summer Camp Program Coordinator will assist in the management of all performing arts materials such as instruments, props, costumes, etc.
Immediate Supervisor: Camp Director
Essential Job Functions:
– Develop and deliver a performing arts program that is appropriate for the ages and abilities of campers ages 5-15
– Write and submit lesson plans for weekly blocks which adhere to the themes to the Director at least two weeks in advance
– Enforce safety and educational procedures while using potentially dangerous equipment with campers and staff
– Inventory supplies, submit order requests when necessary, and ensure all supplies, equipment and spaces are clean, organized and in good repair
– Serve as the main facilitator for the talent show during week 8.
i. Collaborating/planning with the Leaders in Training for the talent show.
– Provide programming assistance for camp-wide, themed activities
– Maintain clear and positive written and verbal communication with camp staff, campers, parents, and all other contacts associated with Camp Garrett
– Create and maintain positive business and working relationships with supervisors, coworkers, families, campers, and the community
Qualifications, Skills, and Ability:
– Must be at least 18 years of age
– 3-4 years working in and/or teaching various performing arts media
– Experience working with children and young adults
– Desire and ability to work with children outdoors
Other Job Duties:
– Participate in camp activities, programs and meetings, including staff meetings
– Assist in general maintenance and upkeep of Camp and shared facilities
– Fulfill the role of Team Leader by being a resource for staff who need support with conflict resolution, behavior management, or ideas for games and activities—as assigned
– All other duties as assigned
Physical/Cognitive Requirements of the Essential Job Functions:
This position requires the ability to listen to others, observe others’ actions and take corrective actions, when necessary, read text and information; comprehend instructions and manuals. It also requires the physical ability to move about the camp property in various environmental conditions.