Leaders In Training Portal
The LIT program is intended for teens, ages 13-15, interested in working with children in a structured day camp setting. LITs receive training in areas such as working with children, leadership and communication skills, developing and leading activities, and more. This program typically runs in two-week sessions, requires an application and interview, and features a field trip at the end of each session!
LIT Session dates
LIT Registration Check List
- Non-Refundable Registration Fee $50 per camper
- ProCare Online Registration Completed
- CG Online Registration Completed
- Tuition Express Form Completed
- LIT Application Submitted
- LIT Interview (This interview is not contingent on your camper’s enrollment; this is a way for us to get to know your camper and to gain interview experience)
- Northbrook Release Form
Welcome! We’re excited to hear you’re interested in becoming a Leader In Training at Camp Garrett. Being an LIT is a big responsibility that comes with some big rewards. So let’s get started. To become an LIT, first you’ll need to complete our application. Once your application is reviewed, you’ll be contacted to schedule your in-person interview.
You’re back! We missed you! And we’re looking forward to another great summer full of new challenges and even more rewards. Here’s what we need from you.This year, we’re going to build on your skills from last summer, so complete the Returning LIT Application, and get ready for your interview–you know the drill!